Supervises daily restaurant operations and/or events. Assists servers and hosts on the floor, and strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction.
• Assist the Restaurant Manager in training, supervising, counseling and disciplining staff.
• Supervises the floor during meal periods to ensure that all steps of service are met through all guests interactions.
• Assist the Restaurant Manager with product ordering and inventory
• Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate, and document reservations.
• Ensure that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift.
• Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
• Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas by clearing, collecting, and returning food and beverage items to proper areas.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
• Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other hotel employees.
• Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
• Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
• Maintain cleanliness of all outlets on a daily basis.
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards, and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up, and hands on management.
• Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Display leadership in guest hospitality, exemplify excellent customer service and create a positive atmosphere for guest relations
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
• Provide services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Act as the guest service role model for the restaurant, set a good example of excellent customer service and create a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Incorporate guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Manage service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Review comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Solicit employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Strives to improve service performance