The massage therapist is responsible for greeting our Chattooga members and guest with warmth and sincerity. Our members and guest will experience exceptional 5-star treatment and service. The Massage Therapist will create an enjoyable and memorable spa visit for every member and guest. This is a seasonal position: must be able to work holidays and weekends.
Hourly, $15/hr +50% commission
· Prepare treatment room necessary for scheduled massage/body treatment.
· Clean and maintain treatment room and equipment, ensuring each room is restocked, and everything is cleaned and sanitized in compliance with NC Standard.
· Assist in opening and closing duties.
· Assist management and front desk staff in keeping the Life Enhancement Center clean and in good operational standard.
· Perform a variety of massage modalities: Deep Tissue, Hot Stone, Ashiatsu, and body treatments.
· Interview members/guests to determine any illness or medical conditions that they may have which will keep them from taking proper benefits from massage treatments.
· Provide members/guests with knowledge of different types of available massages and suggest appropriate massage therapists for individual members.
· Explain massage procedure and provide information about oils and creams used during treatment.
· Ask members/guests if they are allergic to any products.
· Perform massaging activities according to each member/guest instruction (pressure and preferred oil/cream).
· Use aids such as hot or cold compresses and ointments to help with massage therapies.
· Maintain a constructive attitude and add toward a quality work environment.
· Wash, dry, fold and put away all linens used for services.
· Consult the spa deep cleaning schedule.
· Perform other appropriate tasks assigned by the LEC Manager.
NC Massage License
2-3 years of Massage Therapy experience
Certified in Ashiatsu Massage (Preferred)