LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, PLEASE
Reporting Relationship: Directly to Principals in Tandem with Estate Butler
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Type: Year-round, Full-time
Seeking a detail oriented, self-motivating, and highly organized Personal Office Manager. This is a crucial role in the family organization that will be keeping all parties informed, updated and supported. Based out of an executive-style office in a private home in Cashiers, NC, the successful candidate will be at ease collecting, sorting through, prioritizing, and executing a heavy load of requests and expectations from multiple members of the family’s executive team, including the Principals. A significant level of patience, calmness and the ability to multi-task and speedily handle a wide variety of tasks will be necessary.
This is a private service position with a focus on secretarial administrative duties and aspects of personal assisting. A high level of importance is placed on finding a candidate who can create something from nothing based on necessity. The successful candidate will be able to learn what is most important to each member of the team and organize data, manipulate technology, and relay information in an efficient and effective style that works for everyone (digital databases, online filing systems, manuals, etc.). There will be a heavy focus on the gathering and organization of data and information and utilizing safe technology resources to keep vast quantities of information orderly and current.
While this position is office-based Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm, there may be occasional fluctuations in the schedule when the family is entertaining. There may also be infrequent travel to other homes. Local candidates only, please.
The Principal Employers are a generous, highly involved, early-60-something retired wife and husband with a large staff. Principals and full staff will be in-residence at the Cashiers home approximately April through November, but the responsibilities of this position remain similar year-round. Please remember, this is a service-oriented administrative role and a love of serving others is a must.
● Office-based link between Principals, Butler, Executive Personal Assistant (EPA) and multiple households’ staff.
● Maintain organized and structured constant communication (often remotely) with Principals, Butler, and EPA
● Office-based facilitator and orchestrator of information, data and belongings.
● Primary liaison between Principals and the Memphis-based Family Office (Financial Management Firm)
● Main keeper of all data and information relating to household and business vendors, personal and business contacts, account numbers and passwords, etc
● Developing and then utilizing systems to remotely streamline the acquisitions of fine art, vehicles, real estate, machinery and toys (this includes but is not limited to authentication, valuation, insurance and transfer preparation)
● Ability to keep all systems, files and manuals up to date always
● Ability to take direction from multiple sources, fill in gaps in communication and ensure all executive team-members are up-to-date daily
● Ability to work with efficiency and speed in a self-directed environment
● Enjoys working with and around others and collaborates well with a small or large team
● Extensive calendar management and memorization of events and activities
● Comfort booking private, luxury travel for small and large groups in collaboration with Principals and Butler
● Reading and responding to email and written correspondence, answering telephones, acting as a primary liaison to the Gentleman of the house
● Comfortable taking vague direction from Principals and then collaborating and delegating tasks to the proper staff for efficient execution
● Eloquent written communication, with the ability to stand in for Principals on some written communication
● Excellent verbal communication, both casual and formal
● Well-dressed and well-presented at all times, even in a casual setting or alone in the office
● Occasional management and coordination of personal events and schedules
● Occasionally carry out personal and household errands
● Occasionally assist with household inventories and procuring required items when requested
● Coordinating household and personal bookkeeping, reporting to principals as required ● A sincere attitude that “no job is too big or too small”
● 5 years minimum of relevant professional experience
● Exceptional, verifiable professional references
● Must pass federal background check
● A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
● Extraordinary computer skills and technologically savvy on multiple platforms
● Advanced research skills with strong intuition, resourcefulness, and the ability to problem solve ● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
● Spanish speaking is a plus
● Always maintain the privacy and confidentiality of the Family
● Exercise diplomacy, discretion and respect of boundaries
● A team player who also enjoys working independently
● Polished, professional personal presentation
● A valid, clean US driver’s license is required
● Must be legally entitled to work The United States
● Annual Salary $50,000-$55,000
● Health Care Benefits
● Paid Time Off
● 7 Paid holidays annually
● Annual-merit increases
● All travel-related expenses and accommodations for work are paid by employer
Interested applicants please apply with resume, to include:
● Cover Letter
● Recent Photo
● Professional References to span at least five years (or at least three most recent employers). Each reference will be contacted.