Pisgah Legal Services is a community-based non-profit corporation governed by a local Board of Directors. PLS has an annual budget of $5.4 million from a multitude of funding sources. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina (WNC), Pisgah Legal Services’ provides free civil legal assistance to low-income people in western North Carolina. The organization currently has offices in Asheville, Hendersonville, Rutherfordton, Brevard, Spruce Pine, and Marshall. With a dedicated staff of sixty-nine, including twenty-seven attorneys plus supporting staff, and an active pro bono panel of 300 private attorneys, the program provides free services to more than 16,000 people per year to meet their basic needs, primarily in the poverty law areas of housing, public benefits, domestic violence prevention, health care, immigration, and consumer law.
PLS is seeking a full-time Office Manager for the new regional office supporting the Plateau Poverty Law Initiative in the Plateau Region of Highlands/Cashiers. This position will coordinate day-to-day office operations while also supporting clients, attorneys and volunteers. Applicants should be passionate about promoting justice and overcoming barriers facing low-income people, be a creative and zealous team-player, and be committed to achieving lasting results for clients and low-income communities.
· Commitment to PLS’ mission, values and vision
· Managing an office and familiarity with nonprofit and/or law firm operations
· Volunteer coordination
· Outreach and other events as needed in Jackson and Macon counties, including some nights and weekends
· Working late afternoon and early evening hours one night per week to increase volunteer and screening capacity.
· Responsible for front-desk reception and communication with clients, community members, volunteers, board members and other stakeholders
· Assist attorneys and screen clients for eligibility for all PLS programs
Work with volunteers and assist Development Team
· Assist with building maintenance and vendor communication
· Basic IT functions related to computers and copier
· Scheduling and meeting preparation
· Coordination with Human Resources and Facilities Director on office functions, facilities needs and overall office operations.
· A.S. or A.A. Degree in Business or a related field
· Demonstrated skills at socio-economic and cultural sensitivity and the realization and sensitivity to work with someone who is angry, upset, or ill persons.
· Self-motivated, able to work independently
· Detail-oriented, accurate and organized
· Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to understand, remember, and carry out complex instructions
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with teams
· Fluency in Spanish would be an asset
Salary ranges from $30,000 – $46,600 depending on experience. Excellent fringe benefits, including 401(k) retirement plan, as well as life, health, and disability insurance.
E-mail resumé and cover letter describing relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
Pisgah Legal Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Lake Toxaway Country Club Fitness Center has two opening for an administrative assistant. Candidates must be personal, professional, customer...Apply For This Job