JOB RESPONSIBILITIES The seasonal farm crew is responsible for the following:
Fieldwork • Harvesting produce efficiently and consistently for a variety of markets
• Transplanting and direct seeding crops reliably
• Cultivation of crops by hand, with various tools, and mechanically
• Irrigation setup, maintenance, and operation
• Support implementation of integrated pest management plan
• Greenhouse propagation and management Mowing/greenspace management Oversee general upkeep of OEI Culinary Garden sites including, but not limited to, weeding, mowing, weed-eating, leaf blowing, sweeping, garbage disposal • Using appropriate instructed mowing or string trimming equipment in designated areas around various organically managed vegetable fields
• Operate with respect around vegetable production to reduce crop loss • Maintain OEI standards of attention to detail when considering how the area looks as well as functions
• Ability to manage personal time and tasks around the weather • Loading and driving with any needed equipment (up to 50 lbs)
• Post-Harvest Handling, Processing and Delivery • Post-harvest handling, including receiving and processing produce for a variety of accounts
• Packing orders consistently in a fast-paced environment • Delivering orders to our restaurants in Highlands General Farm Production Team
• Maintain a smooth, timely flow with team members while working through projects • Make sound judgment calls on product grading and time management General • Work cross-functionally with farm teams to ensure efficient and effective communication and operations
• Represent OEI in a positive, professional manner, engaging with and educating visitors about OEI’s mission and programs
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned by the Farm Manager
• At least one year of previous farming experience preferred, but Not required- Many other fields have applicable skills and experience. This is an outdoor, manual labor position.
• Physical dexterity and agility necessary in all aspects of the job for safety and efficiency
• Consistent attention to detail
• Able to lift heavy & awkward objects, up to 50 lbs.
• Work well independently and in a team setting
• Able to take direction, ask for help/clarity, and accept constructive feedback on work and technique
• Clear, consistent communication
• Able to perform repetitive work in inclement weather – standing, kneeling, bending over. OEI will provide appropriate protective wear.
• Small engine operation and tractor experience a plus
• Must having working cell phone and personal vehicle Additional desired qualities include: environmentally conscious, detail oriented, self-motivated, energetic, and professional. We only work with smiles on our team!
SOCIAL DISTANCING/SAFETY COMMITMENT While we know that many farming tasks are typically team oriented, we have spent time ensuring safety for our farmers and have made adjustments to this COVID environment where possible. This includes providing personal sets of hand tools, outerwear, gloves and masks for each staff member to prevent cross contamination. We also alternate shifts inside of the propagation houses, and maintain social distancing in all activities.
COMPENSATION This is a seasonal, full-time position, paying $16.00 per hour.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Farm Manager, Director of Farms
In every Indigo Road restaurant, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team...Apply For This Job
Oak Steakhouse at The Skyline Lodge is Hiring Front of House Positions and is able to offer year-round employment! We’re...Apply For This Job