Line cooks will be responsible for all aspects of food preparation and execution to the exact specifications of the establishment, chef and guest, including final presentation for delivery to guests. They will be expected to skillfully apply culinary techniques including basic knife skills and demonstrate a working knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
Must have flexibility to work weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Prepares food as assigned by Sous Chefs including basic vegetable preparation, vinaigrettes and salads, stocks, meat fabrication, sauce and other techniques
· Cleans work area and kitchen during and at the end of shift
· Plays central role in production of finished dishes during service periods
· Assists with receiving deliveries to the kitchen
· Coordinates production over multiple days and plans for smooth transition when passing station over to another team member
· Knows basic food product identification
· Maintains organized and sanitary work station
· Tastes food for quality assurance
· Takes direction and follows recipes
· Plans out day to accomplish multiple tasks
Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
To perform the essential functions of this position regular and consistent attendance in required.
Must be able to work well with other Team Members, Managers and interact with our guests.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
Culinary degree or certification preferred
Basic understanding of proper food handling procedures (blanching, sautéing, standard breading)
Basic knife skills
Basic kitchen operations experience
Experience cooking in a high level kitchen
Must be able to read and understand recipes
Must be able to communicate with other cooks to ensure timely delivery of dishes to guests
Must be able to effectively communicate with guests, team members and managers
Basic knowledge and understanding of math
Must be able to exercise judgment and make decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company goals
Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
Must be able to be on feet for a long period of time
Must be able to safely operate a company vehicle or golf cart
Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
1,400 acres of High Hampton property
SUMMARY The Sous Chef is a leadership role for the kitchen operations including breakfast, lunch and dinner service. It is...Apply For This Job
The Assistant Sommelier assists all aspects of the Wine program and all its services. This is including set-up of each...Apply For This Job
The Ruffed Grouse is a year round restaurant focusing on seasonally appropriate and locally sourced fare. Come join a true...Apply For This Job
Need a job? Want to work with fun people in a great atmosphere? Come join our team at The Ugly...Apply For This Job
We are looking for Culinary Staff to work in our kitchen for our summer season – May 31 – August...Apply For This Job
The Orchard Restaurant is looking for team oriented individuals in both front of the house positions as servers, hosts, food...Apply For This Job