The Network Administrator will design, support, maintain, and evaluate the computer networking and telecommunication systems. The position will install, configure, and maintain both physical and virtual computer servers; maintain corporate network infrastructure, firewall and network security systems, e-mail systems, and other software packages. The position will manage desktop workstations and troubleshoot desktop issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Oversees the day to day operation of the computer network including hardware and software support
· Maintains the corporate network. Includes the recommendation and implementation of new equipment in addition to the maintenance and troubleshooting of existing systems
· Maintains the telecommunications systems. Includes ordering and installing new phones, equipment and cabling, voicemail maintenance and general troubleshooting
· Oversees and maintains user workstations including IP phones, laptops, desktops, monitors and printers
· Performs and monitors daily system backups to ensure availability of company information
· Manages the company’s wireless systems. Including the addition of new access points and general troubleshooting
· Firewall administration to comply with corporate security requirements and industry best practices
· Router and switch administration
· Maintains and improves network performance through ongoing network monitoring and analysis, performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendors as needed
· Secures network by monitoring network access and performance; maintaining documentation
· Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing reference documents and support
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
· Protects organizational value by protection of confidential information
· Accomplishes organizational goals by participating in large projects, addressing guest facing IT issues in a timely manner, and exploring opportunities to add value to the organization through departmental accomplishments
· Follow directions of supervisor or any member of management
Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
To perform the essential functions of this position, regular and predictable attendance is required.
Must be able to work well with other Team Members, Managers and interact with our guests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS in Information Technology is preferred
CCNA routing and switching / security or equivalent certification is preferred
Microsoft Exchange / Office 365
Mitel phone systems
Windows desktop and server OS
Micros point of sale systems
Opera property management system
Experience with A/V systems is desirable
Must be able to communicate with ALL Team Members in a professional and courteous manner
Excellent communication and writing skills and professional appearance is required
Basic Math and Excel skills
Must be able to exercise judgment and make decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company goals Must be able to apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual or practical problems
Must be able to work in a General Office setting
1,400 acres of High Hampton Property
Monday – Friday – 8 am – 5pm
On-call rotation for after-hours support
Some weekends and/or evenings as needed to handle special events or emergencies
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position, but does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The critical features are specified, but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.