A Host/Hostess presents a positive first impression of the establishment’s friendliness, excellent service and high standards. They greet Members upon arrival, show them to their table and bid Members farewell as they leave.
This position must be able to carry natural conversation with Members without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, the Host/Hostess cares for our Members by refilling beverages and performs light housekeeping duties such as cleaning glasses and menus and ensures restrooms are clean, stocked and orderly. As a member of an energetic team, this position may also need to answer the phones and fill to-go orders when needed. Availability must include nights and weekends.
· Must be able to read and distribute food and wine menus, and answer questions
· Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Members, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
· Must be able to clearly communicate Members needs to Wait Staff, Bussers, Managers, etc.
· Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer telephone and respond to Members requests
· Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe, walk and stand during entire shift.
· Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Members
· Must be able to carry trays or supplies (10-30 lbs.)
· A desire to help out where needed and work as part of a team
· Passion for providing extraordinary service
· An appetite for learning (and great food)
· Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
· Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
· Must be able to assist Members and possess great Members relations skills
· Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone
· Sets up dining areas for fine dining service
· Keeps tables, dining room and bus station clean and organized
· Performs clean up and closing duties as assigned by manager
· Attends pre-meal meetings as requested by the Dining Room Manager
· Knowledgeable about breakfast, lunch and dinner menu; knows wine by the glass and specialty cocktails
· Consistently follows all club policies and procedures
· Performs other duties assigned by Dining Room Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Banquet Captain assists the Banquet Manager in overseeing certain aspects of a banquet or event, including set-up,...Apply For This Job
The Orchard Restaurant is seeking a strong lead line cook to join us for the 2021 season and beyond. A...Apply For This Job
Dishwasher/Prep Cook Essential Functions Wash and properly store all cooking utensils, china equipment, flatware and glassware. Clean food delivery, storage...Apply For This Job
We are looking for Culinary Staff to work in our kitchen for our summer season – May 31 – August...Apply For This Job
Need a job? Want to work with fun people in a great atmosphere? Come join our team at The Ugly...Apply For This Job