As part of a culinary team for The Chattooga Club, your job is to fulfill our mission, be part of our vision, and work in support of our philosophy while fulfilling the job responsibilities listed below. This position is an integral role in meeting the expectations we hold for ourselves, as well as those our members hold for The Chattooga Club. Creating an exceptional experience for members are the expectations of this position.
The Pastry Chef is responsible for creating artisan breads, cakes, plated desserts, frozen items, banquet and catered desserts. The Pastry Chef executes the day-to-day operations of the pastry kitchen under the supervision of the Executive Chef. This position will also assist the Sous Chef with direct supervision of line cooks, prep cooks, stewards, and dishwashers.
• Must be able to work nights and weekend shifts and all major holidays within season
• Prepare quality pastry items such as breakfast items, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, garnishes
• Plans, prepares, and decorates special pastry items as necessary
• Assist in daily kitchen cleaning and organization
• Responsible for training cooks on presenting plated desserts during service
• Develops bake shop recipes and techniques for pastry production that help to assure consistent high quality, exercises portion control over bake shop items
• Evaluates bake shop products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
• Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices including those for personal hygiene
• Communicates and coordinates with club members and guests concerning cakes for special occasions (i.e.. Birthdays, weddings, anniversaries)
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, using equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely
• Maintain high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety throughout all kitchen areas always, and comply with Chattooga Club, local, state and federal regulations
• Follow all BOH protocols and policies, including waste management, par levels, etc.
• Control all pastry administrative tasks: weekly ordering, monthly inventory
• Comply with all Chattooga Club company policies and facilitate necessary company policies and procedures as required by the company
• Oversees pastry cart and buffet dessert table setup and presentation
• All other responsibilities assigned by management
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to understand and appreciate the subtleties of flavor pairings and different tastes, and have a good aesthetic sense for food and pastry presentation
• Ability to correctly and efficiently follow standard recipes
• Ability to correctly and safely use standard kitchen equipment
• Ability to work well with others
• Good time management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Requires standing, walking, reaching, stooping, crouching, hearing, visual acuity, taste and smell
• Frequently carry up to 50 lbs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Further, this job description is a living document and intended to evolve as the company and position needs evolve.
TITLE: Dishwasher/Culinary Steward REPORTS TO: Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and Chef de Cuisine. CLASSIFICATION: Hourly/Non-exempt ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: The Dishwasher/Culinary...Apply For This Job
Busy, high-energy, growing baking company seeking PT/FT Production Baker with energy, enthusiasm and work ethic. If you just want a...Apply For This Job
Job Summary: Manage and anticipate the needs of members and guest in the food and beverage operations Maintain order and...Apply For This Job
Canyon Kitchen is an extraordinary farm to table restaurant located in Cashiers, NC, one of the most beautiful natural settings...Apply For This Job
Job Summary: As part of a culinary team for The Chattooga Club, your job is to fulfill our mission, be...Apply For This Job