Frequently Asked Questions:
Please Review the following information before posting a job online.
Then… Hire Someone Awesome!
The Cashiers Area Chamber of Commerce is committed to effectively addressing workforce recruitment and retention in Cashiers and surrounding communities. We are pleased to offer CashiersAreaJobs.com – a convenient way to post your Business Job Opportunities online and promote the Plateau as a Workforce Destination.
Do I need to be a Chamber Member to post a Job Opportunity on CashiersAreaJobs.com?
Yes. Posting a Job Opportunity online is one of the many exclusive Chamber Member Benefits and comes at no additional cost. To learn more about becoming a Chamber Member please visit CashiersAreaChamber.com or call (828) 743-5191 for more information.
How do I post a job?
To post, you must first create an account.
- Click the “Sign Up” button at the top of any page on CashiersAreaJobs.com
- Please use a username and email associated with your business vs. a personal username/email.
Upon account creation, simply login using your username/password and navigate to the Post a Job page and begin filling out the fields. You will receive email notifications along the way regarding your job listing status.
How does the Cashiers Area Chamber of Commerce promote CashiersAreaJobs.com?
The Cashiers Area Chamber of Commerce maintains and operates CashiersAreaJobs.com. Marketing Efforts include:
- Active promotion across multiple websites including CashiersAreaChamber.com and Cashiers411.com.
- Ongoing paid advertisements on Facebook to the surrounding area and print publications to the surrounding area.
- Colleges and Universities including A-B Technical Institute, Blue Ridge Early College, Brevard College, Clemson University, Southwestern Community College, and Western Carolina University promote the site to students actively seeking a job.
- All surrounding county School Systems and Stakeholders are aware of the website.
- Press releases have been sent to Crossroads Chronicle, Franklin Press, Highlander, Smoky Mountain News, Sylva Herald, Transylvania Times and Westminster News (in South Carolina) for publication.
- Next steps include a mentoring program in coordination with surrounding High Schools and Early Colleges to promote, and prepare students entering the workforce.
What is my Username?
You create your username the first time you sign up for CashiersAreaJobs.com. Please create a business username vs. a personal username. In most cases, your signup email address will also serve as your unique username.
How do I reset my Password?
Navigate to the “Account Settings” page and click “Reset Password”.
For a forgotten password, from the “Login” screen click “Lost password?” in green. Your will be sent an automated email with a link to reset your password.
What information do I need to post a position?
All jobs consist of the following information. Unless indicated otherwise, all fields are required.
- Job Title: The Job Title should include the accurate role and/or responsibility of the job, i.e. Food & Beverage Director, Customer Service Rep, VP of Operations, etc.
- Location: Please enter the complete address of the place of employment, including zip code.
- Job Type: Indicate whether the job is full-time, part-time, seasonal, etc. Select all that apply to provide an accurate description of the type of job. For example, if a job is full-time but only during the high summer season, you may select both “Full Time” and “Seasonal”.
- Job Category: The Category to which the job might belong. Select all that apply.
- Description: Jobs must include an accurate description of qualifications and responsibilities. This will help maintain the website as a reliable source for the area’s job opportunities.
- Application Email/URL: Enter either the email address to which candidates should send their resumes and cover letters, or a website address where an applicant can find more information and/or submit an application online.
- Minimum and/or Maximum Rate/Hour: These fields are optional. Use them if the job position is paid on an hourly rate. If the rate is set and non-negotiable, you can put the amount in the Maximum Rate field and leave the Minimum Rate field blank.
- Minimum and/or Maximum Salary: These fields are optional. Use them if the job position is paid on a salary. If the salary is set and non-negotiable, you can put the amount in the Maximum Rate field and leave the Minimum Rate field blank. If there is a range, or the salary is commensurate with experience, fill in a lower and upper range.
- Hours Per Week: Enter the number of hours per week a candidate will be required to work for the specific job being listed.
- Company Details: Enter the name of the company, the website (if available) and the logo of the hiring company.
Click the “Preview” button to see what your job posting will look like on the website. Then click the “Submit” button to commit your job posting to the website.
What kind of jobs can I post?
Feel free to list all available job opportunities whether it be an entry level or managerial position, full-time, part-time, year-round, seasonal, etc.
How many jobs can I post?
You are not limited to the number of jobs you post online. Different job opportunities must be posted in separate listings and offer specific information on qualifications and responsibilities.
- Please note! The same job opportunity may only be entered one time even if you plan to hire multiple employees for the same position. This helps with site maintenance and increases reliability and site aesthetics for job seekers browsing online.
When will my job be published on the site?
A Cashiers Area Chamber of Commerce staff member will be notified that you have submitted a job opportunity which will be reviewed for publication. You will receive an email notification that your job has been approved. Please allow for up to 24 hours for your listing to be published.
Can I edit and/or delete my job posting?
Yes, you may edit and/or delete your job posting at any time. Simply “Log In” and navigate to the Job Dashboard page. Status options will be displayed with each job opportunity you manage.
What do I do once I have hired someone or all the available positions have been filled?
Great question! Log in and navigate to the Job Dashboard. Click the “unpublish” option next to the listing that has been filled. This will archive the information for future use if you wish to access the information in the future. Please note! This is a required step for all filled positions to maintain the site’s reliability of accurate and current information.
Will my job listing expire?
Yes, an expiration date is automatically set at 6 months (180 days) from the publication date to maintain the site and keep all information accurate and current for job seekers browsing online. Email notifications will remind you prior to job listing expiration where you will be prompted to modify and renew or remove your listing.
How do I donate to the marketing efforts for CashiersAreaJobs.com?
We welcome any size donation to be used for ongoing site maintenance and marketing efforts to promote Cashiers and surrounding area as a workforce destination. For convenience, you can donate online, or make check payable to the Cashiers Area Chamber of Commerce with “Cashiers Area Jobs” in the memo line to P.O. Box 238 in Cashiers, NC 28717.
Still have questions?
Call (828) 743-5191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cashiers Area Chamber of Commerce maintains CashiersAreaJobs.com and may modify the job posting structure and status operations of listings at any time. By posting your Job Opportunity on CashiersAreaJobs.com you give the Cashiers Area Chamber of Commerce permission to share provided information with job seekers and applicants browsing the website.